2006-11-05

Mac articles now at Mac Tech Switching

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI have been "invited" to submit articles over on a new Mac blog called Mac Tech Switching so I will probably post none (or very few) Mac based articles here from this point.

My first article was about a list of laptops that met the minimum specs required for my place of work. One of them happened to be a MacBook Pro, which also happened to be the cheapest. I thought this worthy of reporting as people who are looking at high end laptops in the same way that I was might automatically discount Apple as an option. Clearly Apple is an option even if you want to run Windows only. There are a lot of factors that you will want to consider apart from what I listed which has been argued to hell on the blog and on Digg. So many insecure Windows users; which is what I expected: plenty of Apple hate. I use Windows, Mac and Linux. Each has their place and is interesting in their own right.

Digg is a very popular site and if your article makes it to the front page then it will send a LOT of traffic to your site. The very rough view stats as of about 30 hours after posting the MacBook Pro article; we had 6000 views of the blog article which would be mostly digg users, 600 diggs of the article (10%), 60 digg comments (1%), 30 blog comments (0.5%), 6 clicks on Google ads (0.1%).

So Mac Tech Switching is yet another blog I write on including Blogger, .Mac and Vox. I like Vox, excellent article editing and image insertion, however blogger integrates better with my web site thanks to template editing.

I also post items to Whirlpool, Slashdot, Digg and even write to some newsgroups (USENET) when the fancy takes me. Yes, my hordes of fans out there can find my text all over the place. Joy.

No comments:

Books Read 2023

Below are the books that I read during 2023 and my rating out of 5. Rating Title Author Book# 5 Pirate Cinema Cory Doctorow 1 5 None of Thi...